SocraticGadfly: As if Democrats would actually even stand up to Bush this little bit on Iraq

June 20, 2006

As if Democrats would actually even stand up to Bush this little bit on Iraq

Over at Talking Points Memo, Josh Marshall thinks this should be campaign policy on Iraq.
“President Bush thinks we should stay in Iraq forever, as far as the eye can see. He’s said it himself. He says, ‘Getting out of Iraq is up to presidents who come after me.’ I don’t agree. That’s too long. I don’t know if we'll be able to get our troops out of Iraq in 6 months or even a year. But I want to start working on getting them home as soon as I get into office. And staying in Iraq for at least three more years, like President Bush wants, is too long.

“My opponent is with President Bush on this. More of a blank check. I disagree.

“We’ve got too many challenges around the world to keep burning through money and our men and women in uniform just because President Bush can't admit that his policies aren't working.”

To which, I reply:
Right. Like this is actually going to happen.

Most Democrats are so spineless they feel Rove/Hastert will say that “less than three years” is a de facto timetable and so they will run like hell from any statement even close to that.

No comments: