SocraticGadfly: "Fun" with Jack in the Box

September 17, 2024

"Fun" with Jack in the Box

I need to eat less fast food, even when pressed for time, but that's besides the point.

About a month ago, went to my local Jack in the Crack on a Friday night.

Had coupons. Still in date.

Had used one a week earlier. Manager or asst manager said they weren't sure how to code it in, but eventually did so.

Was back a week later.

Rank and file said I can't code that in, and didn't try. I should have left, but didn't. (I've done that before with walk-in.)

DM'ed Jack's Twitter. Nobody answered as of the following Tuesday. Problem one.

So, DM'ed its Hucksterman.

Got response. Was asked for email and phone.

Gave both.

ELEVEN days later, got an email from Jack in the Crack customer service.

Said, at the appropriate time, I wasn't satisfied and explained why, in addition to telling them NOT to bother contacting me again, and saying, see the explainer box.

I copied that, of course:

Let's see. 

First, nobody ever answered your Twitter messaging.

So, I went to Facebook. Was asked if I would provide both email and phone. I did.

Heard nothing until I got this survey form. That was, per Facebook, 11 days ago.

And, per the check box below this form field, no, I'd rather not you do further contact, as I probably wouldn't expect anything better in terms of service.

But, I am saving this conversation for my records and other use as deemed necessary.

And, this is "other use as deemed necessary."

No comments: