SocraticGadfly: Blogger is being an image-posting shit with newer versions of Firefox

July 25, 2024

Blogger is being an image-posting shit with newer versions of Firefox

I have two Mac desktops at home.

The older one is a way old eMac maxed out on OS at 10.11 El Capitan.

The newer one, recently purchased but still used, is a 2013 iMac on 10.15 Santa Catalina. I don't think it will upgrade and Mac's not prompted me. I got it cheap off eBay and it works well enough and will continue to do so for five years.

At work, I have a like-new Mac Mini running Mac 13 Sonoma.

Earlier this month, on both Santa Catalina and Sonoma, hit a problem.

I usually post pictures to go with stories in Blogger by the "URL" version, rather than uploading. (If they're my photos, of course, I go to Google Photos.)

OK, on both? I post the URL and no image preview showed up, and nothing loaded.

At home, I then did a screengrab of the photo I wanted for one piece and uploaded it to the appropriate Google Photos album. Tried that. Google said something about having to allow essential cookies. OK'ed that, even though I don't totally trust Google's snooping. It then said I had to sign into my account. Excuse me, am I not already signed in because I'm on a post in Blogger, editing it? But, OK'ed that. Then, the Google Photos upload popped up in a separate window, which has never happened before. And then? I hit the "insert" button and nothing happened.

And, it's not just Macs, either. I have a brand new Windoze 11 laptop. Blogger's doing the same shit in Firefox with it, too. Won't post photos off URLs and asks me the same bullshit if I try to post off Google Photos.

Update, Aug. 20: As often as I sign into Blogger on Chrome at work, Google continues to send me a security alert. So, its AI, machine learning or whatever is HUGELY fucking stupid, if it hasn't "learned" (these programs don't actually learn, hence the scare quotes) that that's me.

No comments: