SocraticGadfly: Should Obama "let" the GOP win the House?

September 21, 2010

Should Obama "let" the GOP win the House?

Well, in terms of political chess, at first glance, I think this advice is about the stupidest thing he could listen to. At second glance, I note that Obama put himself in this position.

At third glance, I note that if he were to go back to being Preznit Kumbaya, rather than acting the way he has the last two weeks, it would be disastrous for his reelection and for We the People to boot. And, since I can't trust that his recent change will "stick," I don't know.

At fourth glance, I recognize having a Democratic House post-November, AND having a continued sluggish recovery, if it has one other problem added to it (a self-inflicted problem like Obama's debt commission certainly counts) then we get whatever nutbar the GOP nominates in two years as our next president.

At fifth glance, I think the Democratic Party would only move even further to the right at that point, and too many Democratic voters would keep enabling it.

So, at sixth glance, I think instead, Obama should have a heart attack so Joe Biden can become president and win the sympathy vote election in 2012.

No comments: