SocraticGadfly: Michael Moore, meet Goldman Sachs (hypocrisy alert)

October 07, 2009

Michael Moore, meet Goldman Sachs (hypocrisy alert)

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you had already met Goldman and millions of its dollars. Maybe “Capitalism: A Love Story” isn’t an ironic title, but a true one?

That said, I disagree with one thing in the link. Moore is NOT as tough on Democrats as Republicans in the movie, certainly not on the Kumbayer-in-Chief.

And, though I’ve not seen the movie, reviews tell me that what Moore really wants is the 1950s. And, if that’s true, he’s overlooking that the unions that allowed single-income jobs to flourish in his hometown of Flint, Mich., had plenty of racial issues still, at that time, at the union local level, that sexism was plenty rampant behind those single-income jobs, that bored, repressed women were drinking and drugging themselves silly, etc.

Add on his diminishing-returns schtick, and why see this movie?

No comments: