SocraticGadfly: Green Party not on Texas November ballot

June 02, 2008

Green Party not on Texas November ballot

As in 2004, the Texas Green Party will not be on the ballot in Texas in the November general election. Individual Greens can be written in, but you have to remind people to do that.

Why?

First, Barack Obama is a more dynamic candidate than John Kerry, making it an uphill battle.

Second, lack of organization.

I’m not a registered Green.

BUT, I e-mailed leaders of Dallas Greens almost a month ago, asking where, such as the main Half Price books location, Green volunteers might have ballot access petitions for signature, and when. I was going to put the information here, on my blog.

Nobody ever got back in touch with me.

It’s called ORGANIZATION, Texas Greens, or Dallas Greens, at least.

Maybe in 2012, you’ll recognize that.

Meanwhile, this time around, don’t blame other people without looking at your part first.

No comments: